Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Happy Birthday, Mom! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you.

Not too much to report over the past few days. Yesterday, we stayed home most of the morning. Sometimes we need some time at home but Katie tends to get a little stir crazy on those days. She's been kind of rebellious the past 2 days and I think it's related to sleep. I'm still working out whether she needs a nap or not. If she has a nap, she doesn't want to go to sleep at night. If she doesn't have a nap, she gets pretty cranky and I see the effects a day or two later. Hopefully we'll figure it out. Ideally, she'll take a short nap each day instead of her usual 2 hours+. So, yesterday (Wed.), I thought I would have her skip her nap and she ended up falling asleep on the floor in her room during her "quiet time". I guess she needed a nap. We just did errands and had our small group during the rest of the day.

Today we went to Gymboree. Katie still loves it. They learned about farm life for the 2nd week and this week Katie chose to be horse (last week she was a pig). They slept in the barn and ate out of a trough. As farmers, they planted some seeds and took their goods to the Farmers Market. Miss Chris at Gymboree is so creative. I wish I had her energy too! After Gymboree we went to a neighbor's bday party. The kids all had a good time playing and the moms had a good time visiting.

Abby updates...I blog a lot about Katie b/c most of our activities are for her so I'm adding an Abby section. New things on Abby are that she's starting to blow raspberries. She really wants to sit up and I think she will early (maybe another month or so). She is in LOVE with Katie. Whenever Katie comes and talks to her, Abby just grins like Katie is the neatest thing she's ever seen. She started formula last week and about half of her bottles are formula now. She also is loving teething toys and everything is starting to go in her mouth (including her feet!).

A couple more cute Katie items that Eric told me I should add....we were watching Amazing Race the other night and the contestants had to do some gymnastics in a Romanian gym. Katie gets up off the couch and starts lifting her leg in the air behind her and then does the finish arms like a gymnast does. She was very serious about it too. It was totally unprompted and adorable. She was actually pretty good at holding her leg in a ballet attitude position. The 2nd thing is that we were talking about going to the Spring Training game and she says to me "Mommy, Rangers stink!". I had to agree with her, they were pretty pitiful. Maybe she was repeating something she heard or maybe she came up with that on her own. Either way, it was pretty funny.

No comments: