Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm back

Wow! I am WAAAAAY overdue for a post to the Blackwood Blog. Abby is now 4.5months old and my last post was on her 1 month bday.

Obviously a lot has gone on over the past few months. We had Christmas in TX, we went to San Diego, and Abby has gotten a lot bigger. Too much to blog about so I'll start fresh....


Mom and Dad just came in this weekend and we had a great time. They took Katie to Gymboree on Thursday morning. Abby tagged along with them which allowed me to get a much-needed haircut. I cut it a bit shorter than I've had it lately since Abby has just started the "hair-pulling stage". On Friday, we went to the Rangers spring training game. The weather was awesome! Last year, seats were better than lawn tickets with Katie but I think it's the opposite this year. If we make another game then lawn tix are the way to go so she can run around. The Rangers lost badly to the Cubs. On Saturday, we all went to the park and soaked up the wonderful weather. I hope it sticks around for another few months before it heats up. Ric and I got to have a date at the movies and do some car-shopping. We need a car with some space for all our baby/kid stuff. We saw Confessions of a Shopaholic which was cute. On Sunday, we went to church, had lunch and said goodbye to Mom and Dad. Boo-hoo! Their visit wasn't long enough!

Yesterday, we met our playgroup at the park and once again enjoyed the awesome weather. I think the gorgeousness of Feb and March nearly make up for the miserable summer months. I've noticed that Katie is starting to play more with other kids than alongside them. My baby is growing up! Abby is pretty much happy as a lark wherever we go. She is such an easy baby.

Today we had bible study and went to the grocery store (with the play area for Katie...a god-send). Katie has a memory verse for bible study and I'm amazed at how easily she remembers it. She's had 4 verses to memorize lately (2 for church, 2 for bible study) and she knows which is for church, which is for bible study, which is the old one, which is the new one, etc. That's about it! This is the 2nd day in a row that the girls have napped at the same time and I have a little free time. I hardly know what to do with myself!

Here's a recent pic...

1 comment:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Yeah! Welcome back. I've missed your blog and reading about your guys!